CRANE OPERATORS AND PERSONNEL HIRE
Maxim Lift provides a wide range of experienced, qualified crane personnel for hire, including crane operators, slingers, and forklift drivers.
Maxim Lifting Services personnel have decades of experience working with all types of cranes, including mobile cranes, spider cranes, and other types of cranes. Our crane operators are also skilled in lifting/handling construction equipment. Highly motivated and professional, we can supply full lifting teams for full project duration to one-off day hire anywhere in the UK – from London to Manchester, Birmingham and other locations.
Established in 20009, Maxim Lifting can supply any busy site with the right expert to work on any crane hire. All our personnel is CPCS qualified and safety-critical medical tested. All operators have completed training to ensure you receive the very best service and integrity. We get the job done.
TYPES OF CONTRACT LIFT CRANE STAFF WE SUPPLY
Crane Operator and Personnel Hire FAQs
- Crawler crane operators.
- Mini Crane Operators
- Mobile crane operators.
- Industrial forklifts / Versa Lift operators
- Appointed persons (lifting operations).
- Crane supervisors (lifting operations).
- Machine & Plant moving engineers
Suitably trained personnel that are competent to carry out their duties are essential to the completion of safe lifting operations.
Appointed Person (as described in BS7121 pt1 General) –The person responsible for the safe planning, control and execution of the lifting operation and producing the safe system of work (Method Statement)
When planning lifting operations, the following points should be considered, the list is not exhaustive. If you have any doubts when planning lifting operation, then you will need a fully controlled and contracted lift to ensure the safety of your lifting operation.
- The load itself, its characteristics, lifting points etc.
- Load Stability whilst being lifted and maneuvered.
- Load route & motion speeds.
- Correct selection of crane e.g. dimensions, reach, lift height.
- Correct selection of lifting accessories and ancillaries.
- Crane position. Load position throughout the lift.
- Lifting area, to include proximity hazards, ground conditions, environmental factors, oversailing zones.
- Spacing for crane rigging and dismantling
- Choosing and identifying lifting personnel
- Environmental factors that will affect the crane and load.
Lift / Crane Supervisor –The person responsible for supervising the lifting operation and safely operating the safe system of work (Method Statement). The supervisor will take on the duties of the Appointed Person in their absence. All operations should be supervised by a suitably trained and qualified supervisor.
Slinger Signaller –The person responsible for attaching/detaching the load to and from the crane and directing crane movements during the lifting operation. The Slinger Signaller will;
- Inspect lifting accessories pre and post-lift
- Use the correct accessories specified in the method statement
- Be able to communicate and direct the crane using audible and visual methods
Crane Operator / Machine Operators – Is responsible for operating the crane in accordance with training and manufacturer’s instructions. The crane operator should act on the instructions from one slinger signaller who must be clearly identified and working as instructed by the method statement. THE ONLY SIGNAL THEY CAN TAKE FROM ANYONE ELSE IS THE EMERGENCY STOP
Crane Coordinator – When more than one crane operating on-site, the crane coordinator will plan and work with the lifting personnel to direct crane movements to prevent collisions with other cranes and loads. The crane coordinator should be employed when other items of the plant such as concrete pumps, mobile working platforms, telehandlers and piling rigs are being used. This role is usually performed by an experienced Appointed Person.
Whether your requirements are a simple one-off lift or a multi-crane technical lift, Maxim Lifting Services has the equipment and the know-how to provide a safe, efficient and cost-effective solution for your lifting needs.