Health & Safety
Maxim are an experienced lifting services company that offer contract lift services, equipment hire and lifting consultancy based within the West Midlands, but with a national coverage.
Health and safety is critical to our business to look after our work force, and ensure that we fulfil our legal requirements, moral duties and are competitive in our market.
This document will give an overview of the management system we deploy to help us achieve continual health, safety, quality and environmental performance.
H&S Policy Statement
It is the policy of Maxim Lifting Services Ltd to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent injury and ill health.
We will identify hazards and risks resulting from our operations and adequately resource means of control to reduce the risks of these hazards to their lowest practical level and minimise impact on the health and safety of our employees, clients and third parties.
We consider good health and safety practice as a key priority and realise the benefits it brings to all involve with our company.
It is the policy of the company to:
• Provide plant and systems of work that are safe and control risk to its lowest practicable level.
• Provide safe means of handling, storage and management of articles and substances.
• Provide health and safety information to enable our workers to conduct business operations in a safe manner. We will train supervise and instruct.
• Provide adequate means of consultation with our workforce to allow health and safety to be an open subject where all can have an input and make improvements.
• Provide safe means of access and egress to and from places of work
• Provide safe working environment in our business
All employees are involved in health, safety & environmental policy implementation and are key to identifying further improvements in the business; every employee opinion is valued and listened to.
Our employees also have a duty and their part to play in our policy:
• By working safely and not taking risks.
• Use work equipment for its corrected purpose and use it as instructed or as trained.
• By adhering to established safe working methods identified through risk assessment.
• By assisting in the investigation of accidents, environmental incidents and near misses where required and reporting unsafe acts and conditions.
This policy will be communicated internally and to all interested parties and will be openly displayed in the work place. This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis. We aim to comply with all relevant health and safety acts and regulations that are applicable to our business and will make sure that such requirements are reviewed on a regular basis and changes implemented to maintain legal compliance.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Maxim Lifting Services Ltd to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent a negative impact on the environment.
We will identify hazards and risks resulting from our operations and adequately resource means of control to reduce the risks of these hazards to their lowest practical level and minimise impact.
We consider good environmental practise as a key priority and realise the benefits it brings to all stakeholders.
Maxim is committed to the environment through:
– The reduction of waste and implementing re-use and re-cycling wherever practicable.
– Developing our workforce in understanding environmental issues and encouraging environmental improvement ideas.
– Energy conservation and finding more efficient ways to use energy
– Preventing pollution
– Using licensed and competent waste companies
– Evaluating our impact on the environment for all future, planned and potential events to identify improvements.
– Complying with legal and other requirements to which we subscribe.
This policy will be communicated internally and to all interested parties and will be openly displayed in the work place. This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis.
We aim to comply with all relevant environmental regulations that are applicable to our business and will make sure that such requirements are reviewed on a regular basis and changes implemented to maintain legal compliance.
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
Our aim is to always supply our customers the safest lifting solutions, equipment and consultancy.
We believe in value adding to our work that will make us a first choice for our clients.
The management system is key to the continual improvement cycle and ensuring that our projects are controlled to reduce error and enhance overall client satisfaction.
Through providing expert advise and specialist equipment we aim to generate good levels of reputable business.
The management system is modelled to comply with requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015. We are committed to complying with the standard as well as our legal requirements and always aim to adopt the best practise in the fields of environmental management, and occupational safety and health.
We will formulate improvement objectives that improve efficiency and add value for our customers.
Our policy and improvement objectives will be communicated throughout the organisation and with any other interested parties.